Thursday, December 6, 2007

Almost There!

Today is the last day of training! We had our final evaluations today and I was one level above the required language level to swear in! That's pretty exciting. Tomorrow we swear in as official Peace Corps Volunteers! We'll spend the morning at the Ambassador's residence, swimming, hanging out, etc. I was chosen to give a speech in Pulaar (one of the native Gambian languages). I am a bit nervous but really just excited. Later tomorrow the other PCVs are throwing a party for the "newbies."

I head back up to site on Sunday and I am very excited. We have been in Kombo for just too long. It will also be nice to not be a trainee anymore. When I head back up-country I may not have e-mail for three months. I'll try and make it to Basse to use an internet cafe there, maybe, but who knows. The only thing I do know is that I am adopting one of the "neighbor's" puppies. I expect some comments, some e-mails, and some letters! Keep 'em coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cul fresh blog, keep it up!
check out mine as well
http://blackspacemilan.blogspot.com/

Im gambian as well.